Receptionist/Administration assistant – Temporary full time role
JNP Legal is a fast growing and forward thinking High Street legal practice with three offices. Our main office is located within the borough of Merthyr Tydfil and our branch offices are in Nelson, Caerphilly County and Llanishen, Cardiff.
We currently employ around 50 members of staff. We are one of the premier law firms in South Wales. The firm recognises that the quality of its service to clients depends directly on its directors and staff and strives to provide the sort of working environment that will enable you to do your best in all your duties for the firm. JNP Legal actively encourage staff development and wishes to be an employer of choice for top quality legal advisors and support staff.
Our vision is to be the leading High Street Legal Practice and we want the best people in place to achieve this. Our continued success is built entirely on the talented people who work here, so employee development is important to us because everyone is a valued member of the team, and we want every individual to have the skills and capabilities to achieve both your own personal goals and our business goals. We want good people to join our company, to help our company continue to go from strength to strength.
The services we provide are mainly procured by individual clients and small companies within the locality. Our mission is to provide quality legal services at a price people can afford, ensuring access to justice for all. Our clients are people and small businesses throughout South Wales who are in need of a broad range of legal services. They require solicitors who are accessible and able to provide expert advice on their legal matters affordably.
We are currently looking for a temporary, full time Receptionist/Administration assistant to work within our busy Merthyr Tydfil office. You may also be expected to cover occasionally at our Llanishen or Nelson office.
As a Receptionist/Administrator in our busy offices, you’ll ensure things run smoothly behind the scenes. By providing excellent client care and administration, you’ll help our solicitors to really focus on our clients.
Ideally candidates should possess practical experience within a similar role, however full training will be provided. Whilst some of your tasks may be repetitive, the ability to make a difference to our solicitors and clients makes this an extremely important role. The role would therefore suit someone who has a genuine interest in helping our clients receive an exceptional service at the time when they need it most.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact our existing and prospective clients have with the practice and therefore must project an image of professionalism and approachability to the public. You will deal with all enquires made by the public, including clients, potential clients, organisations and professional bodies, regardless of how such enquires are made.
This is a temporary full time role. The candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm each day (with an hour for lunch).
Key tasks associated with the role:
• Deal with all enquiries into the office quickly, accurately and appropriately
• Responsibility for the running of the reception and waiting room areas
• Dealing with telephone calls, faxes, deliveries, recalls from storage
• Archiving of files
• Collection and distribution of faxes and telephone messages left, to the appropriate department
• When required to assist in general office administration at the direction of the managers of the practice,
• fee earner, senior support staff or director by whom instructions are given
• Filing, scanning documents, faxing, photocopying, preparation of court bundles, opening and closing files on computer databases, ordering stationary, running errands, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, contacting clients by telephone, covering at other offices if required.
• Excellent client care and organisation skills.
• Honesty and integrity
• Ability to work as part of a team with excellent inter-personal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
• Has a passion for excellence and can enthuse others to have the same
• Strongly determined and shows tenacity when facing challenging situations and feedback.
• Self-starter, capable of operating at a level well beyond day to day direction.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confidence in liaising with senior colleagues regarding requests
• Accuracy and efficiency
• Good standard of education including GCSEs (to include English and Mathematics at C or above)
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems and an interest in IT systems would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply and Salary information
Working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. This is a temporary role for a minimum of 1 month initially. We are offering National Living wage for this role – currently £8.21 per hour.
To apply for this position please send us a copy of your CV and covering letter to Cairan@jnplegal.org.